Tuesday, July 29, 2008

end of july treats

I made my first cherry pie ever... it was delicious. Pitting the cherries - not so much fun. But eating amazing pie made from scratch? Completely worth it. Here's a photo from when it popped out of the oven... (oh no, photo is on G.'s computer, will have to update later!)

Then, we had D. and K. over for dinner. I couldn't help myself and made these little tarts for dessert - sort of a faux cheesecake with raspberries on top, over which D. had to drizzle chocolate sauce. Absolute tasty goodness:



The other thing I made lately (with B.'s help, guidance, patience and skill)... I took this:

and turned it into these:

How happy are my wrists going to be in the fall? Very very happy. And quite warm to boot.


And no entry would be complete without an update on the flooring project, as G. has been madly working on the floors (my grandma is coming for a visit this weekend, and the house is upsidedown right now, we're sleeping the living room, there is flooring covering the dining room table, etc, etc...) and trying to get them finished before the family visits begin:

No comments: