Wednesday, August 6, 2008

hurray for sweat equity!

G. has almost finished the master bedroom floor. He finished applying the wax the first night of my grandmother's visit, and the three of us picked out some trim and now that is painted and installed. The only piece left is, well, the new painted trim is whiter than the old trim that is still in place around the doorframes. Oops. So we're going to paint the doorframe trim so it all matches and then we can call Phase 1 of the flooring project complete. Check it out!


We had our Second Sunday brunch on the first Sunday this month... a good showing of folks, lots of new faces, and way too much food. So amazing - I love my Seattle family! And the visit from my grandma was great - she has so many stories to tell, I just soaked them all in. Thanks for the visit grandma!! I think you left too soon. (Oh, and I got her to make her potatoes for Brunch - if only I had known all the years the secret is bacon grease... a classic moment at brunch, as I asked her to make one pan with bacon product and another without... when I presented the two options to my friends, their response was, "I guess I'll have the veggie version, but man! the bacon version sure looks better!"... indeed, they were. I'm slowly coming out of my vegetarian shell.... )

Hope you're all having a lovely August. We're just starting to hit 90 degrees here... blue skies even! How I love the Seattle summers...

1 comment:

redmenace said...

This was obviously written before the rain! I love the new room. Very very lovely! Miss you guys. xoxoxoxo.