Tuesday, July 8, 2008

lazy days of summer

Wish I could say more, but not much to say. Until we can come up with a lot more cash, the flooring project is on hold. The 4th of July was quiet around here - we stopped at a BBQ hosted by some friends, but didn't hold out for the fireworks. Something about glorifying war really bothered me this year ("the bombs bursting in air...") - I'm just not feeling so patriotic lately.

So G and I keep working, coming home to enjoy the sunset from the deck and our grill, still amazed that it stays light out until 9:40pm. We are finally having real summer weather with blue skies and temperatures in the low (low) eighties. This is why I love Seattle. I have to travel to Los Angeles, just in time for the heat wave - 100+!, for the last couple days of this week. Brunch is on Sunday, so we may have pictures to share from that.

No comments: