Thursday, July 17, 2008

and the laziness continues

We didn't get any pictures from brunch - a shame really, since it was a great turn out. I've been hosting brunches on the Second Sunday of every month for just over a year now. We do them "stone soup" style - although we were calling it "stone omelette" style for a while there. Folks would bring ingredients and we'd whip up omelettes or egg scrambles... or have filling for pancakes... we've done all sorts of things. Once we did a sugar blow-out, you had to bring your favorite sugary treat (I think it was in honor of my birthday last year) and we followed it with a fruit detox the following month.

Last Sunday I made blueberry muffins from scratch and those amazing chocolate croissants from Trader Joe's (croissants in honor of Bastille Day on Monday). Oh, and breakfast potatoes. Folks brought banana bread, and southwestern eggs, and fruit salad, and turkey sausage, and an attempt was made to make crepes (again, the French) but they didn't turn out so well. They were abandoned. But it's okay, we had lots of friends (old and new) and it was a good time for all, I do believe.

And B. came over to help me with my knitting. She is a miracle worker. I can't find a camera to snap photos - as soon as G. tells me where he is hiding the cameras I will post photos, I am awfully proud of my creations!

I had to go to LA last Thursday and Friday for work, and that was ridiculous. And this week I had to work some late hours to do some network testing (couldn't interrupt production) so I was on the phone from 11pm til 4am Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Suffice to say, I spend most of my extra time sleeping!

Alrighty then. Hope you are all doing well out there.

No comments: