Saturday, March 21, 2009

in memoriam

G's euology, from this morning -

"I remember the eerie twilight call of the pheasant, the mist that unfurled in the valley with the rising sun.

I remember the squeal of the new born piglet, the bleating of woolly lamb, the whinny of the galloping horses and the taste of raw honey in the comb,

I remember the awe of births, the green glimmer of elodea from the pond, the joy of watching it all grow, and the reverence you had for life even in the slaughter.

I remember the magic glimmer of foxfire from the sweat lodge thatch while watered poured over the steaming rocks.

I remember the inspiration of your sophists ways, your attempts to seek the better path, the way you lived in the possibility, even probability, that a miracle would indeed match your efforts.

I remember your lofty goals for society, your desire to find a sustainable balance and in the creative chaos that shapes our well made plans.

You opened my eyes to a way of being that I will never forget, a way I hope to pass down to future Whitesides."

From my brother in law, D:
GMWIII held a strong belief that a soul making the journey from this world to the next is greatly helped on its way when the loved ones left behind keep a conscious vigil for about three days. In respect for that belief, we would ask you to please take some time to hold him in the light, and maintain him somewhere in your thoughts throughout these days.

I wish his spirit safe passage to the other side. He will be truly missed.

No comments: