Thursday, June 12, 2008

more life photos

So here we are on the top of the pinnacle. That would be G, me, A and C.



Wait, what pinnacle, you ask? When I said rock climbing, I should have said small mountain climbing. Here is the "rock" we climbed... and yes, that's our hybrid SUV sitting at the bottom of the "rock".






To be fair, we started the climb at the first bump on the right side of the image. It was a quick hike up to that point.



Speaking of hiking, G and I went up to Wallace Falls to stretch the legs and get some air. It was the first really pleasant day of spring....
We even got a rainbow out of the deal. The falls were raging. It was fantastic.


I think it's the adventure that drives G; it's the "get-away-from-it-all" that drives me to explore our natural surroundings. Living in the Pacific Northwest helps tremendously. Mountains, oceans, lakes, rivers, valleys, plains... I don't mean to brag, but we got it all. Being outside, in the natural world, rain or shine - the journey truly is the destination.

No comments: