Friday, February 13, 2009

ten days

My official estimated due date is ten days from today. All I can think about is the number ten... the last double digit number, and then the single digit countdown begins... ten, Ten, TEN! Outrageous. As my bestest, oldest friend Jenny (due with her first as well) says, "What have we gotten ourselves into?!?" and I couldn't agree more. I just can't believe that there will be a baby in my house requiring all of my attention very, very soon. People keep asking if I am ready - ready for what? For my entire life to change? For my world to flip upside-down? To be so maniacally in love with a new human being that I can't imagine how I lived my life without them? (Okay, the last one is pure speculation, but that is what other moms tell me.) Yeah, sure. I am ready. Ha!

So here is a picture of me last week, taken with the iPhone.
(hair towel and all, I was fresh from the shower)

And here are some pictures of me this week, taken with the iPhone.

(almost same angle as above):


(different angle):


(cutest angle, look at that belly!):

Yeah. There is a baby in there. For real. It pushes all the time these days - mostly sticks it's bum out. Can't wait to meet him/her. Today I think it's a girl... but last night at dinner at a friend's house, everyone kept referring to it as a boy... so amazing to not know! I love it. Wouldn't do it any other way...

We're still open to name suggestions, by the way. Leave some in the comments if you feel inspired.

Will let you all know as soon as this starts happening.....

xoxo
E.

1 comment:

mardi said...

you hung the mirror -looks great! what about all the other art that we were strategic in placing around the house...is it up too?

and you're not huge -you look radiant, healthy and beautiful!

xoxo