Tuesday, December 30, 2008

holiday visits

We just got back from a week's long trip to California. Visiting with friends and family, eating our fill of delicious food, and celebrating the coming birth of our first child. Ah, the holidays. This year, as my nesting sensibilities kicked in, I made all my holiday gifts ("made with love in Elizabeth's kitchen"). Here's a photo of the craziness:Yeah. Pounds of dark chocolate bark, white chocolate bark, peppermint bark, caramels, granola, hot cocoa mix and marshmallows. Yum.

I wish I had gotten a photo of the Christmas spread - it was delicious. And the baby shower at my aunt and uncle's house on the Saturday after Christmas was delightful. Here are a couple shots:
It was a co-ed affair, so G figured a good bottle of tequila was in order. I guess I can't blame him. Girls were watching gifts getting opened, boys were drinking in the kitchen. Makes sense, right?


I am so lucky to be able to drop in to California and have so many friends and family converge to celebrate. I count my lucky stars that I have such an awesome community.

Now it's time to get ready for the end of the New Year and focus on January. Baby will be here in less than two months! We've got work to do!

No comments: