Wednesday, May 6, 2009

May is here!

And so is Fiona's ninth week. It's incredible how fast she changes, and how strange this new life is - completely normal, but absolutely abstract at the same time. It's not just me and G anymore - our lives orbit around this amazing baby girl. Our little family is learning how to weather the daily rhythm of this new reality. And we're doing quite well, if I don't say so myself. So enough blabber, here are some new photos...

We got a BOB. It's awesome. Fiona is modeling her new hat, which reads "crabby" on it. It has octopuses and fish and crabs all over. I think it's hilarious.


How awesomely sassy is this little one? We were waiting for our final midwife appointment to begin. Sassy, sassy, sassy. Then happy.



And finally, the light coming in this morning was so beautiful I had to snap a picture - Fi sleeping on her papa's chest.


I am trying to savor every one of these moments, as I only have three weeks left of maternity leave. I really wish I could stay home with her for the next year - she is learning so much and growing so fast - I am really afraid of what I will miss when I go back to work. I wish our country valued families and mothers more. It is criminal to me that women only get 6 weeks off (I'm lucky, I get 12) - actually, I can't finish this paragraph, it's too depressing. Sorry to leave you on a down note. I'm off to make friends with my breast pump.

E.

No comments: