Tuesday, January 27, 2009

getting ready for baby

We're in the midst of major getting-ready-ness for the monumental shift that is coming. We attended a workshop over the weekend, to learn how to navigate our relationship while taking care of the newest addition. We are attending the 4th installment of our childbirth class tonight - only two more classes after that! And G is going to head back East again for a final visit before the baby comes. (Well, we hope baby doesn't come while he is gone. That would suck.)

Busy, busy, busy. Will try to get a photo up of the ever-growing belly - I think the baby is starting to get too big for its home, as every time I eat (and stomach expands) the baby gets awfully kicky on my right side. Maybe it's just a blood-sugar thing. But I have a feeling it is a space thing. I ate way too much sushi last night - all vegetables, no fish :( - and my stomach was quite full (I felt like I would burst) and boy howdy, this child was kicking frantically on the right side. Big, sweeping kicks - I guess I need to eat smaller portions for the next four weeks. Cuz after four weeks, baby will be here!

4 weeks!

No comments: